What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A ride to or at Oshkosh?

larrys

Well Known Member
I am bringing my son in law to Oshkosh to help work in the booth, Rapidset Metal Buildings selling pre-engineered hangars. We are just down for Schweiss Hangar doors in Hangar "D".
But the reason for the post is that I want to build an RV-14.
I am asking that anyone that wants a reason to fly around when at Oshkosh can you take up a passenger? I would be happy to pay for fuel. My motive is for him to be hopelessly hooked and what to fly and want to help build the plane. Or if you have right seat space going to Oshkosh and want to pickup a passenger in Colorado and recover some fuel cost for taking him to Oshkosh that would be great also.
Thanks, Larry

A while back I got a demo ride in a 12. And the question was if I was a pilot. So I assumed that because he is not a pilot with zero hours it would not be of benefit to Van's.
That is why I thought that maybe someone in the Van's community would pass on there inspiration to a complete newbie.
But thanks for your suggestion.
Larry

Not a good assumption. The demo pilot will emphasize different things depending upon the experience of the potential customer, just as other sales people will adjust their sales pitch to the knowledge and experience of the customer.

As a flight instructor, when I fly with somebody the first time, I always spend time asking them about their flying background. That's important for a good lesson, of course, but it's also important for safety.

Ed

I bet Tanya would be happy to untie for a couple hour mission come Wednesday! Really.

He might get quizzed about metal buildings though.

Back