What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 right wing available

Carl Froehlich

Well Known Member
All,

As some of you may recall, last August a Rhode Island Air National Guard C-130 prop blasted my plane while I was fueling near Kansas City. The prop blast ripped off the pilot door and bounce on the right wing before landing in the grass. The good news was I was able to reuse the door after replacing the snapped hinges and the dings in the top of the right wing did not affect airworthiness. I flew the plane home once I got the new hinges from Van?s and have been flying it for the last ten months.

After seven months of chasing my tail with the Air National Guard they finally paid off my damage claim. While I only asked for repair cost I decided to spend a little more and just build a new wing. The new wing is now on the airplane as all is good.

Bottom line ? I have a serviceable RV-10 right wing (minus flap, aileron and wingtip) sitting in my hangar. It is available if anyone has a mishap and crunches a right wing.

Carl
Dogwood Airpark (VA42)
540-809-7708

Back