What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh 2015

awmuhs

Well Known Member
OK I have waited as long as I could. I have not seen anything on the forum. My RV 10 is ready. My bags are packed. My flight plan is in the Dynon Skyview.

Are we having a Sunday RV10 barbeque get together?

I went to my first one last year without my just completed RV10 and had a great time. I really want to have an opportunity to tell you all how wonderful it is and how great it flies. Not that you all don't already know.

Please tell me there will be another this year!

OK I have waited as long as I could. I have not seen anything on the forum. My RV 10 is ready. My bags are packed. My flight plan is in the Dynon Skyview.

Are we having a Sunday RV10 barbeque get together?

I went to my first one last year without my just completed RV10 and had a great time. I really want to have an opportunity to tell you all how wonderful it is and how great it flies. Not that you all don't already know.

Please tell me there will be another this year!

Are you going to be on HBC or HBP?

bob

Ed (coordinator of the BBQ the last couple of years) just posted something on the Matronics forum stating that he was going to be unable to pull it together this year and is putting out the call for a volunteer to do it. http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=16758542

I did it the few years prior to Ed but am unable to commit this year because of a family situation.

RV10 barbeque

I read the Matronics post. He says its not that hard, but at last years there was a large area setup with tables, chairs, coolers, a grill and a couple canopies. Making all that stuff happen takes some advance planning.

Its just under 4weeks away. I can help but like Bob I won't have transportation and I don't arrive until Sunday morning.

The tables, large area, etc. have always been done by Gary, Tony, myself and occasional other helpers. Gary, Tony and I have also manned grills most years. The extra "site" has been my contribution and when there have been surplus cookout funds, they go to offset the cost. We just use it as a general RV-10 (and other) socializing area at other times. I expect all of this to be the same as in prior years.

The RV-10 cookout volunteer is the job of putting together the Sunday night (or whenever is chosen this year), trying to get a head count, coordinating food for those that want to bring something, figuring out the shopping list, acquiring the "stuff", dealing with the contributions, cleanup, etc. One person doesn't need to do it all but one person needs to make sure it all gets done. It seems like vehicles are always available - Gary has offered his, mine can be used and probably others. Because of storage, shopping for perishables nis best delayed until the day of the event so arriving Sat night and shopping Sunday shouldn't be a show stopper.

As Ed said in the post, he's happy to do a knowledge transfer and I am too. I can't speak for others but I am happy to help with discrete tasks, just can't commit to take on the entire job. Besides, new blood is a good thing!

Bob

Since my 10 is close but no cigar... We will be driving up form a combination of Missouri and Chicago on Sunday. We usually get there that afternoon. First things first we usually have to get the car into HBC to drop of camping gear for our friends that fly a Sonex.
With that said, I'm happy to help. We stay at a house just a few minutes from the field and we can probably plan on arriving early enough to be of some contribution. Wen I say we, I mean my wife and In-laws/Build partners.

We can also help...

Hi guys! Sarah and I were only noob first-time attendees last year (and we feel like we only got a chance to meet half of y'all) but we'd be more than happy to help with whatever is necessary to make this happen again this year. It sounds like we may be arriving a little earlier than some others, so if that would help at all, we're happy to do it!

We'll be flying an Archer up on Saturday (or ASAP afterward if weather holds us back, it's a short flight from KIIB). Camping in N40, which is a ways away from Scholler but I'm sure we could figure out the commute. As soon as our tent is set up and we get unpacked, we're happy to help in any way possible!

Between now and then, we're also happy to help with the other items mentioned like headcount, food coordination, contributions, cleanup etc etc. I'd be happy to set up a google doc or something to coordinate attendees and foodstuffs?

I have volunteered to facilitate the Annual RV-10 Dinner at the RV-10 HQ in Camp Scholler. There are still numerous variables to work through before a more formal announcement can be made. Look for a detailed update the Monday before the show starts (July 13th). The tentative date will be Sunday evening (July 19th) at 6pm.

If anyone else wants to volunteer to assist me, please drop me an email.

Thanks,

Bob

Back