What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cable routing past forward NACA

Blain

Well Known Member
Working on vent tubing to panel vent. Not satisfied with under panel route so considering opening a passage through the baggage floor. Since I don't have a power plant yet I also don't have control cables in place. What I need is pictures or a description of whether they go over or under NACA. In the picture I've pushed a vent cable through the prepunched holes to simulate the engine controls.

This is my preferred route if it doesn't interfere with cables.

Not me.

I don't have a good answer for you other than to say. There are so many different set-ups and engine fuel system mountings. The Naca vent does get in the way and you have to work carefully around it. We put off the running of any of our cables through the firewall tell after we had the engine and everything on it installed. Then we took an old used 60" throttle cable and worked to fine that just right spot to run our cables around the vent hose and out to the engine. We did have a solid firewall and we cut the holes where we needed them to go and not where Van's had them placed in a drawing or pre cut in the metal.. What I am getting at is you may be better off waiting to run those cable or and ALT air door cable as well if you are going to use one of those also... Its not much but hope it helps.. Yours as always. R.E.A. III # 80888

Last edited:
Back