What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14 Pg10-32 Nutplates

HAL Pilot

Well Known Member
Aloha

There are three Nut plates locations on the top aft of the fuselage on P10-32.
One On panel F-01475 and one ea. on F-01474 L/R

It appears that these nut plates are attached on page 12-12. Would it not be easier to attach these before these skins go on and then just drill through the nut plate with a smaller drill bit with a 90deg drill from underneath?

Am I missing something?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c94zi3uf4ldv4yt/Nut plate Q.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
you will need to match drill the empennage fairing to those holes, it will be easier if the nut plates are not installed. That is my guess for delaying the installation of these nut plates.

you will need to match drill the empennage fairing to those holes, it will be easier if the nut plates are not installed. That is my guess for delaying the installation of these nut plates.

Yep that's it - I had the same question and came to the same conclusion. When you look at the instructions for installing the fairing (which you get with the finishing kit) it makes it a bit more clear.

As mentioned you will match drill the empennage fairing here, so its better done without the nutplates installed.

Not sure why, but this fairing is included in the finish kit.

There is a good post on here from 2015 that shows backriveting the aft fuselage. When you find it, you will see that there are two seat belt brackets that you might want to install now. I ordered them and backriveted them. F-01406E

Back