VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-12-2017, 02:07 PM

A good way to learn the balancing process( with a Dynavib or Aces computer) is build yourself a small balancing "teachers aid" Use a small electric 120 VAC motor and a 8 inch circle of plexiglass or acrylic bolted up to a hub and mounted to the motor shaft. Flair tip mark the degrees and etc on the plexi and drill a bunch of holes in various places in the plexi. Use SMALL 10/32 screws and washers to create unbalance and use your new toy to balance it back out . Worked for me, and helps learn the sequence and what the machine is trying to tell you. Actually sold the aid along with the ACES Sport at some time later. Probably best to keep you motor RPMS to around 1100 ( no 3600 RPM motors)
Old 11-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Paule View Post
Why was the choice for the Aces rather than the DynaVibe?

Dave
Good Question! I did not ask him, but I will. I did mention both brands to him and he chose the ACES.
D100-KMD150-660-TT ADI2- AS air/oil seperator. Vetterman exhaust with turndown tips.
Louisa, Virginia KLKU N94TB