- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > GPS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chkaharyer99 View Post
Apparently I flew around for a couple weeks on the old software. I never once experienced the phenomenon described in the bulletin. I use a GNS 430 W for GPS Nav and the 660 as a backup.
Hello Charlie,

As mentioned in my posting, unless you flew around in Australia, Asia, or Western Alaska where this new satellite is visible, you could not be affected.

It has never been important for anyone operating in North America, South America, Africa, or Europe to receive this new GPS software, but of course we distributed it to everyone with the V3.10 update just in case.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.

Last edited by g3xpert : 11-09-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:57 AM

Default Atis

Hi Steve. I have a 660. For some reason Atis does not show in the available list of frequencys for many airports that I know have an existing Atis frequency. I use the touch feature to load into my comm radio. Is there something I need to adjust or change? Thanks.

Last edited by agirard7a : 11-10-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirard7a View Post
Hi Steve. I have a 660. For some reason Atis does not show in the available list of frequencys for many airports that I know have an existing Atis frequency. I use the touch feature to load into my comm radio. Is there something I need to adjust or change? Thanks.
Hello Al,

It could be just a limitation of the available frequency data that is incorporated into the navigation database, but if you could contact us by phone or email shown below and provide some specifics about which software and database you are using and which airports are perhaps missing these frequencies, we are happy to investigate.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.