What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal/Cable Cotter Pins

John Tierney

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm hoping someone has a "trick" to securing the little cotter pins on the AN-23 Clevis bolts that connect the rudder cable to the rudder pedals (DWG 37). There is very little room for tools between the outside skin and the connection assembly. The fact that I have my upper top skin on and old style high pressure fuel pump on the floor makes access difficult. Not sure how I'm going to bend the tabs of the cotter pins properly.

Nope. You just have to shinny yourself down in there with your needlenose pliers, flashlights and such and get 'er done. Remember...make haste slowly (don't get in a rush and ding the side skin, etc.).

It's doable, if a pain.

I haven't done these ones in particular yet but I have done quite a few in tight areas and have found that ordering some longer ones from Spruce made it easier on me. I could actually grab the ends with needle nose pliers and bend them a ways, trim and then finish em off by fully bending them. Either way trimming seemed required even with the ones Van's supplies, so I went with longer ones to make bending easier.

Back