What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Photos of Dynon roll servo install

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Does anyone already flying a 2-place have any easy-to-access photos of their roll servo installed that they would be willing to post?

I just (finally, after 6+ years) am getting around to installing my servos on my flying-9 and could use a visual of how the brackets provided with the mounting kit fit in relation to the existing bellcrank mounting bracket in the wing. (Specifically, are the a/p brackets used in lieu of the existing bellcrank brackets or in conjunction with them?) The black and white pictures on the Dynon install pages don't help much. A case of where a decent picture will be worth a 1000 words for me, or at least save me from scratching my head for a while.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Hope this helps. This is on my RV-8, right wing:

43016121810_f1aa726312_c.jpg

My RV-3B installation is similar.

Note that the blue part is tooling, used to adjust the pushrod. It's not part of the flying machine.

Dave

Thanks Greg. Another good angle, and helpful because the -9 mounting is slightly different than the -8 that Ken showed me.

My next chore is to figure out how I'm going to get the pitch servo wires up to the panel since my center tunnel holes are pretty full (especially because one of them is taken up by my manual trim). Always something to keep things challenging!!

I had same issue when installing mine in my 9A. I used same routing of static line on left side fuselage for servo cable on right side. Ran underneath along top longeron. Vans does provide instructions on there website to provide additional pass thru's through main spar but I still had to deal with aft spar area in bulkhead if I was going to use that route.

Last edited:
Back