What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying Tigers Shark Teeth Decals

Airzen

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

Is there a source for the decals (Flying Tigers Shark teeth or something similar), which could be used on an RV-8?

Grady did an excellent paint job a few years ago, but I never thought I'd want those teeth. However, two young boys with fascination towards war birds is making me reconsider that.

Easiest way to try something out will be decals, hence the question. Any leads will be appreciated.

Ashish

Flying tigers shark teeth

Decades ago I put teeth on our Explorer Post's Yankee. Used colored electrical tape cut, trimmed and overlapped to look real good at about 3' away. It stuck on just fine at Grumman speeds but the Scout leaders made me remove it after a few months. Paint underneath still the same shade of banana yellow. Wish I had some photos......:)

If you can find someone who is good with Photoshop you can try out anything you want. A graphic artist working for me did this with my Navion.
dp-greymouthNavy.jpg

With some guidance from him I used PS for my current paint scheme - PS and actual
Navion-interim2.jpg

IMG_0103sm.JPG

Last edited:
Tommie teeth

We had teeth printed on vinyl by a local sign writer experienced in applying decals to aircraft. The areoclub Tommie came up a treat!

Hi Folks,

Is there a source for the decals (Flying Tigers Shark teeth or something similar), which could be used on an RV-8?

Grady did an excellent paint job a few years ago, but I never thought I'd want those teeth. However, two young boys with fascination towards war birds is making me reconsider that.

Easiest way to try something out will be decals, hence the question. Any leads will be appreciated.

Ashish

I dont have a template but happy to help where I can. I certainly love the teeth on mine:

bhq3ZYN4_-S49EZexFK-uhf2RRMJE36IKmkSgwdQHpWwO3krd8ZUMhiHaHpMxqJ-IWBUJ4CiakGHRcyfGyhK2YENJUyxA1csEvnteswhVl_xm4kgXIqBHe-KZBYf8kChLqnNC55WV04-145xnjDIsdKIaPb5RE0nM4oBcOoEs2bR_VhgVGqva9HwpRQ1WS9calMYWW_7QNoXj1pQDjRUlsm9I-bxAzbQHKX70-kZF0Df-DeaTmckASonwGSPM36jT2l5e47xR5KP_MonXxMsxdUbCgbhlyBCa3iZLC7S9wNdmGRCb6rwt0pZ1aLLl-wOQKg-Le2wmA-4Kf-tQN9BLsrMBM6S9bvNz4qqYYmxhZgJemRaBfRjDePqd9lTm5L7Bx4HJrjJQRd32Cqzwi3kveyJ7kPsYIQjakvQ2NpdrRGqCHgQEWigsWmUSZLR_l5k7VduyUPKKHLNPfZC3Br8SeTGyoHU7R-iCkJjOYLTyABNUnru7xPHehtpgtgM2zLcoj01wknpKxwqFzuDFoeMR3VLKERac0H1sfi5l3ehLwybPVgkvqeivP33Xs43jly0b5lpV4iO0qUGjv5Oz2kaEeto79QiKSNjxH0jH6v0t-CLMtr2GHzUo5Ya3jFcD5OKhYsjOzCWA4sU9QB09cj1KbgWPlHZOzw=w1410-h1057-no

Back