What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Horizon Series 1 wiring diagram

Drifteral

I recently purchased a couple of GRT Series 1 display's and an AHRS with magnetometer.

The original owner kept the harness in the airplane. After a lot of searching and much to my surprise the manuals give very little information on wiring all this.

So what are my options?

Is there a wiring diagram that I'm missing somewhere or anything that shows how to hook all this up? I have a bunch of new D Sub connectors that I could use.

Or am I just going to have to call GRT and order everything?

Thanks
Al

GRT

GRT wiring diagrams are on their web page. Check it out.

HTML:
http://grtavionics.com/home/horizon-ws-support/

GRT

I just got an RV10 with older GRT HX screens. I have an RV6 with HXr. I really like the HXr so am considering replacing the HX with HXr touch. I called GRT and they told me the new HXr would be "plug and play." Sounds like the current wiring on their web site is what you need.

I just got an RV10 with older GRT HX screens. I have an RV6 with HXr. I really like the HXr so am considering replacing the HX with HXr touch. I called GRT and they told me the new HXr would be "plug and play." Sounds like the current wiring on their web site is what you need.

When I replaced the old WS screens in my RV 10, the wiring was indeed plug and play------with the exception of a single wire that I had to move.

Very easy conversion.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks for all the info, Now it's starting to make sense!
I knew about all the downloads on GRT's site but had no idea which one's to use.

I'm waiting to hear back from GRT on the cost of new harness.

Al

worth it

It's worth it. The cool thing about the factory harnesses is that all the wires are color coded. There are dozens of different colors. Make it much easier.

Thanks for all the info, Now it's starting to make sense!
I knew about all the downloads on GRT's site but had no idea which one's to use.

Al

You may need to wait a bit. They usually close between Christmas and New Years.

Back