What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim relay mounting location

Chattin35

Well Known Member
Just curious where you guys mounted the trim relays. On a fues rib? Bottom skin? Glue, zip-tie in a wire bundle, screws?

Pictures are a tremendous help.

Thanks.

No picture but I was in the same boat, wondering how to install it under one of the pilot seats. I opted to bond some plastic standoffs to each corner then used some black RTV to bond it to the floor under the pilot seat.

This is the Three Axis Trim Relay Board from Composite Designs.

However, since bonding it to the floor, I decided to go with the Dynon AP Knob panel, which handles the trim relay functionality so I'll have a couple extra relays available for other tasks.

TCW Safety-Trim

I decided to go with the TCW Safety-Trim. It kills several birds with one stone. I mounted it on the outboard side of the F-727-L Baggage Rib. I put some nut plates on the inboard side of the F-727-L for the screws. My baggage floors are removable so I can get to the Safety-Trim if I need to. However, so I wouldn't have to pull the floors to adjust the two servo speeds, I just drilled a couple of holes in the baggage floor and used a couple of Heyco SMP F-375 Flush Head Sheet Metal Plugs (they are made of rubber) to cover the holes.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

trim relay location and security

i JBwelded some square zip tie anchors to the bottom skin between the middle two left side seat ribs. that was the easy part. :)

good luck

jrh

Here is a recent picture of my board installation, bonded to the floor with UltraBlack RTV. There are plastic 1/2" stand-offs between it and the floor as well.

ctULkEAl.jpg

Back