What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 with Superior O-360 and Cold Sump cowl requirements

hvwyk

I'm New Here
Hi,

I Need so help to figure out the correct cowling and any other extra bits I need to order with my finishing kit.

The specific engine model I am ordering is SL-O-360-B1AC2 with a cold air sump setup.

So far the info I have is that the cold sump needs a Vetterman crossover system exhaust and the horizontal induction cowling. What is just a bit confusing is if the horizontal cowling is for FI only or will it work fine with a carb cold sump configuration.

My mind is set on a carburettor for my own reasons so not looking to start a discussion around Carb vs FI. I can see there has been ample discussions on that topic and has helped me make my choice

I believe you need a vertical induction cowl with a carb - I would check the cold air sump is compatible with a that set up. A crossover exhaust is just fine with a vertically mounted carb.

Hi,

.......or will it work fine with a carb cold sump configuration.
My mind is set on a carburettor for my own reasons...

A cold sump intake and a carburetor? Are you sure this will work?...I've never heard of it but if it will maybe I can learn something new.

I did not realise I was a bit off the map and in uncharted territory with a carb and cold sump :) , if I am, I guess I will be revisiting some of those threads that lead me here....

I have mailed Superior and Vans for some advice. Will share feedback

Feedback from Superior and Vans: You want to do what.... ? So carb and cold sump is not something that can work. The fact that there was no thread on VAF on this topic already, should really have been my first clue that this is not possible.

Simple solution for me, carburettor and standard sump setup.

Back