What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Drilling f-704g spacers

I just wanted to check about drilling the f-704g spacers for center section assembly on drawing 11. The plans say to drill rivet holes to final size but my spacers dont have rivet holes just the two bolt holes, and there is no rivet hole location on the aft center section. Does everyone elses come like this and need to be drilled? Usually the drawings call out hole location dimensions if they need to be drilled. Am i missing something?

Spacers

I just wanted to check about drilling the f-704g spacers for center section assembly on drawing 11. The plans say to drill rivet holes to final size but my spacers dont have rivet holes just the two bolt holes, and there is no rivet hole location on the aft center section. Does everyone elses come like this and need to be drilled? Usually the drawings call out hole location dimensions if they need to be drilled. Am i missing something?

Better call Vans. They should have two holes each and matching holes in the Center Section. Unless something changed. I bolted them in place and reamed to #30.
Is it possible you have the center sections backwards? Sorry not trying to offend. It's the only thing I can imagine but doesn't explain the lack of holes in the spacers.

Holes

Not offended, but neither the fore or aft section have rivet holes. Only the two bolt holes.

Call Vans. If they say drill the holes, drill the two in the spacers first on a drill press then bolt them in place and match drill the aft center section.

Cleco together with F-704D-L/R. There you will find the holes to drill to final size and to use as matchdrilling guides for the spacers.

Back