What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout-out for Suaoki Battery Backup

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
Well, the one issue that we are having with our new IO390 is in the hot start department. We have 48 hours on the engine and have had occasion to kill the battery 4 times hot starting the plane. I know it is more our technique or impatience that is causing the problem and we will get it worked out (P-mags)? Anyway, I purchased a Suaoki backup starter and it worked perfectly last week when my Sweety and her friend flew to Sarasota, Fl for a 99's meeting. I also started my neighbors car and again it turned over the engine like a new battery. It is very small, under three lbs., and comes with many accessories and is only around $80.00. A great investment to have in the luggage compartment.

Anyway, I purchased a Suaoki backup starter and it worked perfectly last week when my Sweety and her friend flew to Sarasota, Fl for a 99's meeting. I also started my neighbors car and again it turned over the engine like a new battery. It is very small, under three lbs., and comes with many accessories and is only around $80.00. A great investment to have in the luggage compartment.

I bought a similar item for the same purpose. Have not had a need to use it yet, but glad to hear that it works well. I would like to eventually run a 10 AWG line into the cockpit with an EC5 connector. Then, if needed, jumpstart from inside.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLO10WQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back