What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerolites PIREP

MK77

Well Known Member
Aero-lites PIREP

Like many of you, I was looking for a low cost, LED replacement landing light to fit in the same spot as the Duckworth round 100W leading edge kit. I looked at the Baja Designs but wasn't wanting to spend a few hundred on lights right now. I heard about Aero-lites from another local builder and decided to try them out. I bought the SunSetter Ultra Par36 LED for $89 a pop. The construction feels and looks high quality.

3Hhoc1odCeW8Ee3XX8p15XHcPGAfsGh3xOM4wKFRrAnl7rkhIunDzSCp_riSmvOEmyDZHbjdF1k6mmaJ9Qtj3K0uCDrUU2bl4hPiOQsaD84Z6FgzYEn53jTxtYF6k0odNA4CjxKq3OU=w520

Install was super easy, they fit right in. Takes almost no time. I needed to cut off the faston terminals and crimp on ring terminals to attach to the light.

hvwbNP1jkaKU09ms8nv5Sfo2ktBjYbOcj4F_kbnlrQgqmcq4Hi5Hc8wAGqCwVtLJI09BtdtxoKCOtIsK9dQcULGwkvRbmA2iIujWk86D2tTR67YhB4TnjsVYDzvpm9FYv2f2ctFSrZg=w520

Performance: I'm sure these aren't as retina-scorching as the BD Squadron Pros, but they're definitely brighter and have a bit of a wider spot than the stock 100W halogens at a fraction of the current draw. Here is the obligatory light shining at the hangar across the way picture. Aero-lites on right, 100W halogen on left (note, both lights are not exactly aimed at the same spot, but you get the idea):

DKbqUciCVMe9cURCC6rPuGI9uyE-ONbvi1aPmOYBAbaGyQMbbnKtNycxtNiuiiLSfJ7HkszMmPJo4tEi1ZwtH2JoZINh8LxXjK_-6gr4fpo2fyCRLsB9JIJAxjLTuGQ3My8Y9GHCkTc=w920

Last edited:
Back