What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight instructor PHX area needed for future RVer

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Gave a ride in the RV to a 15 yr old who is a sharp, great kid keen to start working on his ratings for a pilot career but needs to find an instructor who is good working with kids and ideally has access to lower cost trainers like a C150/152 to help keep costs down. Any recommendations I could offer him for the greater Phoenix area?
Thanks!

Gave a ride in the RV to a 15 yr old who is a sharp, great kid keen to start working on his ratings for a pilot career but needs to find an instructor who is good working with kids and ideally has access to lower cost trainers like a C150/152 to help keep costs down. Any recommendations I could offer him for the greater Phoenix area?
Thanks!

It?s great to find someone like that who?s enthusiastic. But bear in mind, he can?t solo until 16; can?t take the flight test until 17. You don?t want him to get discouraged with the wait.

It?s great to find someone like that who?s enthusiastic. But bear in mind, he can?t solo until 16; can?t take the flight test until 17. You don?t want him to get discouraged with the wait.
Thanks. He?s almost 16 and will be going through his initial training relatively slowly, as in an hour per week or so. Age should not be an issue. Just needs an instructor enthusiastic about working with kids and access to a relatively inexpensive aircraft to train in.

Where in the valley of the sun?

I'd recommend finding out where in the valley he'll be living in, and what the nearest airport to him will be. Phoenix is HUGE :(, so posting location details would help narrow down a CFI for him.

Back