What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Hi, I just received my Garmin avionics (EFIS, comm, autopilot, etc) and not a manual or wiring diagram in the lot. Does Garmin expect you to download these???

Thanks

Not the ultimate official answer, but they're all easily Googlable. I found the GTN 650's manual with relatively little effort. Same with all the others - transponder, GDL89, GTR 200, etc.

Not the ultimate official answer, but they're all easily Googlable. I found the GTN 650's manual with relatively little effort. Same with all the others - transponder, GDL89, GTR 200, etc.

Usually the ones you find online are outdated, last I check Rev R was the latest for the GTN series.
Always pays to have friends, I suggest creating a relationship with a Garmin dealer.

Last edited:
Usually the ones you find online are outdated, last I check Rev R was the latest for the GTN series.
Always pays to have friends, I suggest creating a relationship with a Garmin dealer.

Exactly my point - why should we be forced to scrounge for a copy of the GTN-650 install manual on top of paying a premium price for the box? Garmin should be proud to provide a link to updated install manuals for all their products - if nothing else than to guard against builders using outdated manuals found somewhere via a Google search.

Carl

Back