What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Well I finally bought one.....

I finally purchased my rv4. I had to wait almost 3 weeks till this morning to get the first real flight on it after changing ownership. Here are a few pictures, if anyone has any recommendations for an a/p I/a that is RV savvy in the Tucson AZ area I would appreciate any leads. Airplane is currently at Ryan field.

Last edited:
Congratulations

Nelson, congrats on the new bird-------beautiful paint job.

Jealous, I am.

Congrats on your new bird! It looks beautiful! As a new member here (this is in fact, my very first post) and someone looking to buy a 4 or 8 in the near future, I'd love to hear more about your experiences in selecting and buying your 4. I'm also not far away, up at FFZ in Mesa.

Congrats on your new bird! It looks beautiful! As a new member here (this is in fact, my very first post) and someone looking to buy a 4 or 8 in the near future, I'd love to hear more about your experiences in selecting and buying your 4. I'm also not far away, up at FFZ in Mesa.

Honestly, this is the third airplane I've owned, and the first one I did not have a full in depth pre buy done on by a model/type knowledgeable person. Bc of this I ended up spending a few dollars more than I wanted to. My advice would be find someone who is very knowledgeable with RVs to do a pre buy. The issue with that is they aren't a dime a dozen and may be hard to get to the airplane you're looking at. I was also in a hurry to get the airplane as I was being transferred for work. I have never sat in an 8 but I hear they are a good bit roomier, they are also a good bit more $$$. You're more than welcome to come check mine out in person anytime, just shoot me a PM on here.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the kind words everyone. She's going to be a great bird! I'm still in awe of the responsiveness of the aircraft. My work bird is a dump truck by comparison hahaha.

Very Nice!

Great looking -4! I hope to see it in person when you get her back to NC..What airport will you be based at?

Things to check:
* On the back side of the firewall, check that the weldments through which the bolts go are the latest style;
* Half of homebuilts have improper wiring.

Hope you're exempt from these!

Ed

Back