What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blind Rivets

ColoradoSolar

Well Known Member
About how many blind rivets are in the -14A? I am asking because I am trying to determine if I want to get a pneumatic blind riveter.

DUDE!!!

Get the pneumatic riveter. I built a 7A: Not a whole lot of pop rivets there, but I consider the pneumatic riveter one of the best-ever additions to my arsenal. They're not terribly expensive, and can be found at Northern Tool...probably also at Harbor Freight, although I don't know that for a fact.

For what it's worth...

Get the pneumatic riveter. I built a 7A: Not a whole lot of pop rivets there, but I consider the pneumatic riveter one of the best-ever additions to my arsenal. They're not terribly expensive, and can be found at Northern Tool...probably also at Harbor Freight, although I don't know that for a fact.

For what it's worth...

Yes, I?ve got a Harbor Fright one - works fine, but the nose is kind of large in diameter, making it tough to get in close to flanges. The more expensive Taylor guns are narrower. If you?re riveting in ?average? areas, it makes no difference.

I built a couple fo RV?s without one, and it was no problem - bought our pullers when we started building airplanes with pulled rivets, and wouldn?t be without them for that!

Paul

Harbor Freight

We have the Harbor Freight one. About 35 bucks as I recall. Very much worth it. There are quite a few pulled rivets. And it's true that not all are accessible with the pneumatic puller. But the ones that you can reach, most of them btw, are so easy!

Back