What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Christen Inverted System Question

Ryan Johnson

I'm New Here
Hi Everyone, This is my first post. I've always searched the forums when dealing with various maintenance issues due to the wealth of knowledge here!

I broke the 810-S Strainer fitting in my inverted system. It seems to just be an AN826 with the ID on the nipple side drilled out to accommodate the strainer. Does anyone know what, if anything besides an interference fit, holds the strainer in the nipple? The strainer piece came out of the nipple/tee rather easily.

I'm thinking of just making my own new fitting out of an AN826 but would like to know if anyone has any insight to how the fittings are assembled. There looks to be some type of adhesive(?) that was possibly holding the strainer in.

If anyone has any info it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ryan

Fitting

The screen is bonded in place. I don't know what kind of adhesive. You might ask on the biplane forum.
Be very cautious about this as a loose glob of adhesive can ruin your engine. Perhaps better to bite the bullet and buy a new fitting.
www.biplaneforum.com

The screen is bonded in place. I don't know what kind of adhesive. You might ask on the biplane forum.
Be very cautious about this as a loose glob of adhesive can ruin your engine. Perhaps better to bite the bullet and buy a new fitting.
www.biplaneforum.com

The more I think about it I agree I think I'll buy the fitting. When I look at what's left of the old one it seems the AN fitting was oversized with an end mill.

It's $264.00 from Aviat, seems like a lot when you think of it in terms of just a fitting but not much when considering what could go wrong if done incorrectly resulting in engine damage.

I asked on the biplane forum already too, it's actually on a Pitts S1C.

Thanks,

Ryan

Back