What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrack Autopilot Diesengaged Warning

Atimoore

Hi

We have a Vizion Trutrak Autopilot in our RV-7A.:D

It does not warn us when the Autopilot has been disengaged.:(

Is is suppose to have a "autopilot disengaged" audible warning?:confused:

I find it odd that the autopilot can be turned off inadvertently in IMC or disengage automatically without warning.:eek:

Any help would be appreciated.:rolleyes:
Thank you
Andy:cool:

Is the audio output connected to the audio system? Do you have an audio panel? Is the AP audio output connected to a non switched input?

I was able to get the audible from the trutrak via the serial out from the trutrack to a serial in on the AFS 4500. Works great. I kept bumping the stick disengage without knowing it. Now I have autopilot engage disengage alerts and annunciations on the screen.

I called trutrak and was told that only the certified verison of the vizion 385 has the ouput for the buzzer. It would be a $500 upgrade on my experimental version that i just installed. 😡

I called trutrak and was told that only the certified verison of the vizion 385 has the ouput for the buzzer. It would be a $500 upgrade on my experimental version that i just installed. 😡

Unfortunately I think this might be the right answer, as looking through the installation and operating manuals does not indicate the location of an audio out or selectable user mode on this model. (I did not build the plane)

can't believe this is still not standard...

that was about my only gripe about the digiflight II VSGV (later AFS advanced pilot).

managed to solve that deficiency by having vertical power implement software logic in the VP200 to watch the amp drop on the autopilot and then play a sound. there is a very distinct amp drop from always > 1A with any servo engaged to < 0.5A upon disconnect (but obviously not to zero), which has been an extremely reliable trigger in experience.

an alternative to monitor technically would be the power pin of the roll servo (at least on the digiflight series) as the AP cannot be engaged without the roll servo being active (and it is unpowered when disconnected).

we built one disconnect sound for a friend (way overkill in terms of processing / complexity) with a raspberry pi and some interface hardware, but it plays the very important ap disconnect sound 👍🙂

Audio alert "engaged"/"disengaged" comes through

on my 385 hooked to my G650 and AFS 5600T. I assume the signal comes through the RS232 output from pin 7?

Ron

on my 385 hooked to my G650 and AFS 5600T. I assume the signal comes through the RS232 output from pin 7?

Ron

That?s how I interfaced mine. TruTrak pin 7 to a Serial in on the AFS EFIS. Set Serial port on AFS EFIS to AFS AP/TruTrak

Voila...

Back