VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-13-2018, 07:34 PM

Default Smoke Systems and Smoke Oil

I have complete smoke system kits customized for every model of RV. Some of these tanks are “hidden” and take up little or no baggage space. Any tank can be made quick removable.
These complete kits feature beautifully welded aluminum tanks, a real, honest to goodness oil pump, not a converted fuel pump, and 2 (not 1) of the best oil injectors on planet earth. You can also get any individual part you may need. Complete kits come with written instructions and photos and I am always ready to answer any questions by email or telephone. Complete kits start at $760. depending on what tank you need. Tank capacity can be anywhere from 3 gallons to 8 gallons. I can also make custom tanks for other airplanes.
My own brand of premium smoke oil (Snake Oil) is available in 5 gallons or 55 gallon barrels. 5 gal is $65. and a barrel is $475. plus shipping and a barrel ships almost as cheap as 5 gallons. That is about a 2 year supply for most of us fun fliers.
You can see everything on my web site www.smoke-system-helper.com
Just phone or email if you have any questions, I love to gab about airplanes.
Photos below in order are : Complete kit, RV-6-7-9, RV-14, RV-8, 4 gal universal, RV-6-7-9 installed, RV-14 Installed, RV-8 installed.

marvin@buckeye-access.com
Old 04-13-2018, 10:22 PM

Default Smoke on..

i installed your smoke system in my RV 8 2 weeks ago...and LOVE IT! I get a huge smile on my face every time i hit the "SMOKE ON" switch. One thing that i really like..if you are flying with a few of your buddies, and loose visual...hit switch and you can see their smoke trail. Ive told my wife, it has made my flying so much more safe :-)

Thanks for you system..it works great...and SMOKE ON!

Last edited by mdmba : 04-13-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Default PIREP on this smoke system

I installed this smoke system in my RV6A gradually over the last couple weeks. I got the 3 gal rectangular tank and mounted it on the floor behind copilot seat. I used the rivnuts provided to fasten a flange on the floor raised enough to slide tank mounting flange under it. I also ordered the quick disconnect coupling for the hose from tank to firewall. Therefore, I can install and uninstall in less than a minute. The workmanship on the tank makes it a showpiece. The install with his very thorough instructions, pictures, and youtube video went very smooth. I would say if you installed all at one time you would be flying with smoke by the end of the day.

Despite the great instructions I called Marv a couple times for tech advice. He is right there if you need him. I sent him a photo of my install to make sure it looked right and he got back to me the same day.

Today, I flight tested it for the first time and like the previous writer reported it was awesome!

Now that I have installed the Garmin GDL82 ADSB out I get a complete picture of traffic around my aircraft displayed on a Garmin 696. I fly mainly in the SoCal/LA area where the sky is full of planes and helicopters. I plan to use it primarily to make my plane more visible when I observe other traffic in my vicinity on my display that I cannot visually identify such as traffic converging from behind.

I highly recommend this system.

If I could ever figure out how to post videos or pics I would show you how it looked.