- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2018, 05:37 PM

Default Dublin Airport

Hey, everyone! I'm the volunteer airport manager for 9f0.

I wanted to pop into this thread and be available to answer any questions you might have about Swift, Dublin, the airport itself, or me.

1. ForeFlight - it has been like pulling teeth to get any answers from ForeFlight about how to update our status. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. The response to having Swift here has been fantastic! I know the weather has been an issue lately, especially for the LSAs, so the traffic hasn't been what it could be. We're in the mode of getting the word out so that people will come down here and prove to the city and other airports that pilots want this fuel to stay in Texas. Other airports are watching us closely to see if the demand is truly there. They won't buy Swift for their own airport unless there is a business case for it, so please spread the word and buy the fuel!

3. We're essentially starting from almost scratch as an airport. I'm marketing us as an LSA/Sport/Recreation airport, and the response I get to that tells me I made the right choice.

4. The good news for you guys is whoever makes it out to me first gets to influence direction. I have plans and a direction, but the details are up to what pilots want and need. If you want to have a say in what a modern recreational airport should be, please come talk to me. I'm all ears. Or beard. Either one.

5. Check out the activity on Facebook (I know, I know), to see what we've been up to. That will get you up to speed on the changes we've been making. https://www.facebook.com/dublin9f0/ Also for reference is the city webpage for the airport: https://www.ci.dublin.tx.us/dublin-airport

6. Did I mention Swift Fuel? Just a reminder to come purchase it. Currently $4.10/gal, and that includes tax. It's currently an iPad sales system, so it requires my presence. I'm usually at the office Wednesday 8-5, and Thursday-Saturday 8-6. If you need me outside of those hours, leave me a message at (254) 445-4404 at least 24 hours in advance, and we'll make sure to get you the service you need.

I'm out of the office through Thursday of next week for the TxDOT Airport manager's conference in Galveston, but it will be raining here then anyway. Friday the 30th and Saturday the 31st will be great days to come visit me.

Hope to hear from you and/or see you soon!