Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
There are actually five AMOCs now. The two most recent cover Avidyne as a GPS source and the other is for the EXP. However, the EXP AMOC requires disabling the internal GPS and using it as a ADSB receiver (no out). While not ideal, it does provide a transition period to leave the unit installed.
Bob,
Slight correction - the NavWorx ADS600-EXP AMOC does not disable the internal GPS, it disables the UAT transmitter. A NavWorx ADS600-EXP that has been modified by the AMOC continues to supply GPS data, FIS, and limited TIS (the traffic "donut" is no longer centered on the receiver).

Bottom line - the ADS600-EXP AMOC is only appealing to those who simply want a stand-alone ADS-B receiver (maybe those waiting 'til 2020 for in-and-out compliance?) or those who have an independent ADS-B out solution such as a Garmin GDL-82 and simply need a receiver for a complete in-and-out sytem.

A note of caution - during testing the AMOC'd ADS600-EXP with a skyBeacon, interference was noted creating 'Baro Alt" errors. I don't know if this is unique to my tests and it would be nice to know for sure by independent confirmation. It has been suggested that an ADS-B out solution such as the Garmin GDL-82, which does not depend on wireless transponder data, might not be subject to interference from the NavWorx ADS600-EXP. At least one of our forum members is testing this and hopefully we'll hear from him soon.
2018 Dues Paid

Last edited by jaustinmd : 02-02-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:49 PM

If you have an ADS-600B -0012 or -0013, I am doing some software testing regarding the SL-70 interface.

If all you're gonna do with it is run it over with your truck, let me know please!
Old 04-14-2018, 05:07 PM

Ralph, I posted Qs about this. I have a box I would send you for testing.
Bill Hale Loveland CO
Old 04-14-2018, 05:15 PM

FWIW, It can still be used for ADS-B IN with the AMOC.
I'm using it until I find a system.
2018 Donation Paid
Old 04-16-2018, 07:52 AM

Bill,

Thanks - I am still testing.
PM me with the part number....as different part numbers will involve different tests. My set up is currently a -0013 (with ARINC) but there are common tests that need to be done for a -0012 as well!

Thanks,
Old 04-16-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner20 View Post
FWIW, It can still be used for ADS-B IN with the AMOC.
I'm using it until I find a system.
Dan, Im holding spare parts for you if you ever need it let me know. Missed seeing you or your plane at SNF this year . Did make it down Thur and Friday.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisRhodes View Post
Dan, Im holding spare parts for you if you ever need it let me know. Missed seeing you or your plane at SNF this year . Did make it down Thur and Friday.
Thanks Dennis. Hopefully, I'll commit to another system, but will appreciate the parts if it comes to that.

Yes, I flew in to HBC on Wednesday morning and left Friday morning. How did we miss each other? We all had a great group discussion Thursday night with several VAFers on hand. Sorry we missed you.
2018 Donation Paid