Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-16-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingRV View Post
I checked my Numbers for W&B again. The problem is not the fully loaded Aircraft but the flight where there is only me (180lbs) in front of the spar and 20 USG+75lbs of baggage behind it. I also checked on a spreadsheet from the Internet...same result. For landing its getting better of course but takeoff is out of cg Limit.
If flying by myself, I put the heavy stuff in the passenger seat to keep things closer to CG. This should work for you in the -12 as well.
PlanePower Alt, FlightLines Interior, James cowl & plenum
All lines by TSFlightLines
NSDQ

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Patrick Poteen, Sgt. U.S. Army
Old 04-16-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingRV View Post
I checked my Numbers for W&B again. The problem is not the fully loaded Aircraft but the flight where there is only me (180lbs) in front of the spar and 20 USG+75lbs of baggage behind it. I also checked on a spreadsheet from the Internet...same result. For landing its getting better of course but takeoff is out of cg Limit.
If you wish to carry a full 75 lbs of baggage but are solo, you can strap a heavier portion of your baggage into the front passenger seat with the 5 point harness

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 04-16-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbot View Post
I was at Sun-n-Fun this past week and spent a lot of time checking out the new Vans RV-12is and asking lots of questions. One thing that I noticed on the new RV-12is is that the opening to the cargo area (between the top of the fuel tank and the roll bar) is a little tight - seemed like it was about one foot tall (0.3 meters) or so, if I remember correctly.
If you tilt the seat backs forward (easy to do) there is vertical clearance of 18" (it is actually closer to 20" but if you account for the cabin light and the latch block for the canopy latch, it is a totally clear space of 18")

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")