- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salto View Post
Could it be that the thickness of the proseal after removing the supplied gasket is a critical measurement. I made sure I had a flange seal thickness that was reasonably generous. Didn't have issues with rib interference.
I don't think so. I had to add "V" bends to both my sender arms to get clearance from the rib: on the second go-around I even shortened one of the arms a bit but still had some interference. And I did the same with "generous" sealant. Of course, when fitting the arm, it's hard to get "just right" standoff since sealant is the last thing done. I wanted to be SURE than when I seated the sender with sealant I would be good to go: this is more critical with QB tanks (my case) than if the arm is fitted before closing up the tank.

I had another issue as well: the right tank sender was a little "stiff" - didn't want to freely move up/down with gravity alone. I futzed with it a bit and finally ordered another from Summit Racing which was fine.
https://turnerb14a.blogspot.com/
Old 04-01-2018, 10:37 PM

I wonder how many people have had leaks with the provided gasket. I used the gasket on my old plane and for 8 years that I owned it, there was no issues. I know the cork gasket has caused issues but not aware of any issues with the rubber gasket.
Dues paid
Old 04-02-2018, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkervaski View Post
Any tips on fitting the fuel senders on the QB wings? I thought it would be as easy as bending the rods appropriately and plugging them in but you have to tweak to fit, problem is, can't see anything really to tweak and my bore-scope won't fit through the holes.
Hi Bill,

I bought on Amazon this one (close to 1/4") https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RV 14A - #140252 - Flying
France
2018 dues paid