- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2018, 07:15 PM

Default Navworx 600B pinouts

Does anyone have a .pdf document showing the pinouts for the original Navworx 600B unit? If so, I would much appreciate a PM or email with a copy. An RV owner and I are working on his aircraft and I cannot find my old copy. Thanks in advance ! flightlogic at msn

Work bio: Avionics tech support; ATP rated in planes.Helicopter rated, balloon instructor, seaplanes and for grins, Phantom Drone pilot. Instructor for air medical and law enforcement tactical radio systems. Fly my RV9A to work every week. Janitor when and as needed.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlogic View Post
Does anyone have a .pdf document showing the pinouts for the original Navworx 600B unit? If so, I would much appreciate a PM or email with a copy. An RV owner and I are working on his aircraft and I cannot find my old copy. Thanks in advance ! flightlogic at msn
I just sent you an email with the pinout chart.
RV Hotel (hangar, room, car) at X35 in north FL

Commercial ASEL/S A&P/IA EAA Technical Counselor

Dynamic Prop Balancing, Prebuy Inspections, Condition Inspections, Repairs and Mods, Injector Tuning, Airframe, Engine, Panel Upgrades, Ferrying, etc.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:20 AM

Jesse, your reputation as a solid asset to the RV community is long standing. Wish I could be closer to Florida to thank you in person.

Work bio: Avionics tech support; ATP rated in planes.Helicopter rated, balloon instructor, seaplanes and for grins, Phantom Drone pilot. Instructor for air medical and law enforcement tactical radio systems. Fly my RV9A to work every week. Janitor when and as needed.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:20 AM

[QUOTE DeweyClausen
Shane;
In the above post you seem to say that the echo uat pin 3 is adsb traffic output but the uAvionix Echo UAT install and pilots guide sec. 7.5 shows pin 5 (com2 TX) as GDL90, 115200 baud.

My question - one of many - which pin is the traffic/wx sent on, from the echo to my GRT HXr. pin 3 or pin 5????

Other question (for now) Does the echo/uat output the gps data on either pin 3(com1 TX) or pin 5(com2TX) that I can connect to a serial in on my HXr??

Thank you[/quote]

Dewey,
I think I can shed some light on this. I think Shane is saying that when one of the two serial ports in the Echo is set to 9600 baud for the purpose of receiving GPS+ from a Garmin unit (in this case, Com2 RX pin 6) the result is that pin 5 (Com 2 TX) is stuck with 9600. Shane’s solution to that is to use pin 3 (Com 1 TX) to feed tfc & wx to the EFIS.

In other words, the Echo only has two serial ports, each of which can receive and/or transmit to any compatible equipment using compatible protocols, but the baud rate for either Com port’s receive channel and transmit channel must agree. In the instance you quoted, Com 1 is transmitting at 115.2k baud while Com 2 is receiving at 9.6k baud. It doesn’t matter which Com port transmits tfc & wx to the EFIS, but if Com 2 (pin 5) was used in this case, the slow baud rate would cause the receipt of tfc & wx by the EFIS at an unworkable rate, so you use the other Com port. You can see this explained (sort of) in the appendix dealing with using the Garmin GPS source.

Hope this helps,
Steve
Old 03-31-2018, 07:34 PM

Default Serial Mux?

I have a 480 for GPS, 327 and HXr. I gather that Uavionix now has a serial mux that they are shipping with the Echo.

Do I understand it correctly that with the mux we can inject hard wired FADC data from the HXr and therefore get the missing Altitude instead of sniffing it from the 327?

IOW (all hardwired inputs):

1) ADSB+ from the 480 @9600baud
2) Muxed Squawk, mode ID (327) with FADC (HXr) @9600baud

Output: Traffic @115200baud to HXr

Is this correct?
I dont want to sniff cause I dont want to rely on the 327 getting pinged......
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 04-23-2018, 03:08 PM

I met Shane at Sun N Fun 2 weeks ago and had a chat about their new MUX wiring harness but as of last week, uAvionix is reporting that Shane (Shane@avionix on this forum) is "no longer with the company". Too bad, very knowledgeable & helpful guy. I wonder what happened.

Support is also unreachable at the moment...

Noah F, RV-7A

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men… for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. -T.E. Lawrence
Old 04-23-2018, 03:56 PM

I wonder who he got poached by......
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 04-23-2018, 04:05 PM

Say it ain't so, Joe!” I don’t like hearing this. I spoke with Shane on the Friday before S&F via phone. We spoke for ~ 45 minutes and all seemed well. He offered me free shipping and a 24” coax for the antenna with factory made connectors at no additional cost.

I was getting ready to place my order this week for echoUAT+SkyFYX-EXT bundle for my 12 and now I’m on the fence. Remember the Navworx fiasco? I’m going to hang loose for a while…
PPL/ASEL 1970 Sport Pilot since 2004
80 hrs Flying Aeronca Chief 11AC
1130 hrs Flying 46 Piper J-3 Cub
RV-12 E-LSA #120058 AWC Jul 2012 - Bought Flying Oct 2015 with 48TT - Hobbs now 370

LSRM-A Certificate 2016
Special Thanks to EJ Trucks
Old 04-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Not good news about Shane.
I just spoke to uAvionix tech support before SnF and they said Shane was still with the company but now in a different capacity.
I hope that is true because I had spoken with him several times and was impressed with his knowledge and attitude.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:01 PM

Not good news about Shane.
I just spoke to uAvionix tech support before SnF and they said Shane was still with the company but now in a different capacity.
I hope that is true, because I had spoken with him several times previously and was impressed with his knowledge and attitude.