What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a photo of your completed RV 14

First and foremost, your plane looks absolutely fantastic! Well executed and congratulations.

I am intrigued by the louvers as I covet your temperatures. Are the temperatures without the louvers with the cowl (cooling) flap open or closed?

Add-on questions.
I also like the cup holder forward of the fuel selector. That requires a vertical circuit breaker panel setup. Do you find and issues with that setup vs a angled power panel? Mostly I'm thinking circuit breaker accessibility. In plain English, can you reach the breakers?

White lightning power. I've been looking at them. I suspect that you have a connection point. Would you be willing to share a picture and how you set it up.

Thank you in advance!

1) Temps are with cowl flap closed. I did not find that opening the cowl flap open/close makes a large difference.

2) I can reach the CB panel if I slip out of the shoulder portion of the harness. I have a second cup holder (collapsible) mounted on the fwd face of the center console.

3) Our company makes a Mini-GPU for experimentals that includes the external power wiring kit, very simple. Two ways to wire it. If you want details, PM me. I don't want to commercialize this forum.

Here's a few of the other drink holder on the center console.

Attachments

• N214RV Interior left aft view 20230515.jpg
    N214RV Interior left aft view 20230515.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 303
Here's a few of the other drink holder on the center console.

How are you liking the center console? I’m sure it’s primarily based on the size of the pilot, but do you feel like it limits your hip room in any way?

Back