What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator Spar to Tip Assembly?.

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Mounting the elevator spar to the right and left tip assemblies. Not sure if the spar flange goes over the inboard tip assembly flange or vice versa. the flange of the spar is thicker, so I think it goes over the top and the inboard tip assembly flange goes under?. But I can make it go either way. The drawings don't clearly show it?.

How did ya'll do it? Spar flange on top or inboard tip assembly flange on top?

Mine are over. From outer surface to inner my layers are elevator skin,counterbalance skin ,spar flange, inboard tip assembly flange. I could not get the spar flange to nest inside the inboard tip assembly flange.

The plans are not clear but it only worked one way for me.

Thanks! That is how I've got mine. One side looked good one way, the other different! I've straightened all the flanges and have it your way now?. that seems right to me.

Elevator Spar to Tip Assembly

Thanks for the posts. Here's a picture of how I've assembled the spar overlapping the flange of the tip rib.
1zpgnqt.jpg

Hey All

Along the subject off these parts, mine don't fit for some reason. Any thoughts. It almost seems like the flange bend on the E 902 spar is not tight enough so the holes sit a bit higher than the 904 flange holes and don't line up. See pics.

Pete

Parts%20not%20fitting%202.jpg

parts%20not%20fitting.bmp

Page 9-22, note after step 1: 'E-913 counterbalance skins lie underneath the skins.'
Sorry - answered a different question. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts. Here's a picture of how I've assembled the spar overlapping the flange of the tip rib.
1zpgnqt.jpg

I just riveted these today. Look exactly like this. Only way it really fits. The tricky part is skins. But it all worked when I clecoed it together.

Back