What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No sound from G3X touch

JackinMichigan

Well Known Member
We now have 5 hrs on our RV-10. It is all Garmin, 2 G3X and GTN750. We just realized we are getting no sounds from the G3X. Radios work fine.

Anybody??? I will be calling Aerotronics Monday. They built the panel...

We now have 5 hrs on our RV-10. It is all Garmin, 2 G3X and GTN750. We just realized we are getting no sounds from the G3X. Radios work fine.

Anybody??? I will be calling Aerotronics Monday. They built the panel...

I take it you mean audio alerts from the G3X such as terrain/obstacle warnings? Do you have them turned ON and volume up in the config settings?

wiyh my own eyes

My son has been flying the plane and had me post this. He read the link sent here in and has gone into the config file. He said there are methods to test the sound and when he tests he gets no sound.

I might suggest that you start with asking whoever wired/installed the panel, this may save you some time in figuring things out.

My son has been flying the plane and had me post this. He read the link sent here in and has gone into the config file. He said there are methods to test the sound and when he tests he gets no sound.

Hopefully Aerotronics will be able to figure this out for you. I would have hoped that they tested everything out before shipping it out to you. Short of getting into the wiring troubleshooting, I would first pull everything from the trays and verify that a pin didn't get folded over.

PROBLEM SOLVED

I talked to aerotronics yesterday.

First question from them was, "Did you upgrade your software?"

Answer, "Yes"

He said when you upgrade the software the upgrade toggles the Audio source from whatever the setting is to "Auto" and auto does't always work. Set your audio source to MFD (the original setting).

We did and it solved the problem.

As always...thank you all for your help.

I talked to aerotronics yesterday.

First question from them was, "Did you upgrade your software?"

Answer, "Yes"

He said when you upgrade the software the upgrade toggles the Audio source from whatever the setting is to "Auto" and auto does't always work. Set your audio source to MFD (the original setting).

We did and it solved the problem.

As always...thank you all for your help.

Hello Jack,

It is great to hear the system is now configured to match the wiring, and audio is working correctly.

We did, however, want to correct one thing which was stated above.

Upgrading software does not restore the default sound settings.

I did a test this morning after reading your post. I set the Alert Source to "MFD1" and the Alert Output to "Mono Only" (both non-default settings) and then downgraded the system to V5.60 and then restored the V5.90 software. The Sound settings were retained throughout that activity.

Thanks,
Steve

Sorry if I got the story wrong...

From what I think you said is that software upgrades will not toggle the input source. Don't know...but somehow it got changed. Maybe we did it?? But alls well that ends well I say...

To anyone from garmin who may read this... MORE TRAINING VIDEOS PLEASE.. I have not looked for new ones for a while... but I want the real simple basics first. Screen set-up for example... when you know absolutely nothing, it is tough to get started

Back