What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Redline Air Show RV-8's

crewdog434

Captured the RedLine Air Show RV8's during their Saturday night routine...AirVenture 2016.

13923559_1302109323140532_7438394476442930815_o.jpg

...and I was there for both Redline night shows. Spectacular! Jerry, nice job with the photo, thanks.

Great photo! I actually liked their night show better than anybody else's night routine. Redline was really polished and classy this year. Very impressed!

Ken and Jon's night show was outstanding! The best one out of all of them for sure.

The best part is that interfacing with them is on a human to human level. Not as some other performers that are on a Roman god level (at least in their minds).

I watched their daytime routine on the webcam. Very nice. Who are those guys?

Jon Thocker and Ken Rieder are former team mates of mine from Team AeroDynamix (formerly Team RV). They hail from Cincinnati and the three of us retired from Team AD at the end of the 2014 air show season. Jon owns Red Line Avionics where he builds custom panels for experimental aircraft. Ken owns a commercial construction business. Both are excellent formation aerobatic pilots, good friends and two of the nicest guys on the planet.

I saw those guys on Wednesday night. They were fantastic! Made me proud to be an 8 owner.

Outstanding photo, too.

Back