What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VS-808 & 803 question

Iain R

I'm New Here
Hi All
I am still in the early stages of my RV-7 build and as such am still finding my feet. So far all my queries have been answered by previous threads in this forum, however, my latest stumbling block does not seem to have been discussed thus far. In the VS-808 and 803 in the vertical stabilizer spar there is a pre-drilled rivet hole between the 2nd and 3rd lightening holes from the bottom up (see picture)
, which does not appear on the plans at all, my question is what type of rivet does this hole take? The rivets directly below are all countersunk AN rivets and above universal AN rivets this hole is in between the two areas. Next question is this rivet hole for attaching the 808 to the 803 or to be used when attaching the vertical stabilizer to the fuz? The plans indicate drilling two holes slightly lower down than my mystery hole for attachment to the fuz.
Any help appreciated.
Iain

Iain
That hole is for alignment later with the F-712, (most rear bulkhead). Don't put anything in there, or put a rivet in and drill it out later like I did:eek:
Have fun with the build and welcome to VAF.

Count me in..

For drilling it out later!

I was wondering the same thing myself when I built my HS. I put a flush rivet in I believe.

Back