What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose X headset repair

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I have a Bose headset with one ear cup snapped off and the other side cracked. I know this is a common problem and I searched a few threads looking for the phone number so that I can set up the repair with Bose however did not find it. I did read that the number is in the manual that comes with the headset but I don't have that either. If someone could provide it I would appreciate it.

Waiting on the Lightspeed trade up program for Tango.

Thanks

[email protected]

Shoot an email to support they usually get back promptly. They will guide you how to create a repair order. Flat fee of $175 plus tax as of six month ago.

Shoot an email to support they usually get back promptly. They will guide you how to create a repair order. Flat fee of $175 plus tax as of six month ago.

Interesting, I always drop mine off at their booth at OSH every year. I haven't been charged yet for any of the repairs. I don't know if that's just a warranty thing or the perk of getting them serviced at OSH.

I searched Ebay for genuine Bose replacement parts about 18months ago and found a supplier in the US with the 'Cushion Kit' P/N 022243 for approx $25. The new cushions completely transformed the performance back to 'as new'.

OT a bit, but I had a strange headset failure today out flying a rental Cherokee. One of the ear cushions sprung a leak, and there was silicone goop everywhere...on my ear of course, on the kneeboard, footwell carpet, my jeans, and a trail of droplets leading up to the flight school counter. Yuck! But it does justify the purchase of a new headset... :):):)

(BTW, the headset is a FlightLine cheapie)

Bose headset

Bose provides a 5 year warranty and they usually know the age by the barcode serial number under the sheep skin pad

Bose provides a 5 year warranty and they usually know the age by the barcode serial number under the sheep skin pad

Correct, they would not give me the repair price until I gave them the number next to the bar code. Maybe the price is different depending on age. My headset is six years old.

I've replaced the cushions ontwo of my Bose in the last 6 months. Called Bose for the first set of cushions, ordered the second set on line. Approx $27. Per set of cushions, including shipping. The trick is figuring out how to install the new cushions. There is a plastic flange on the cushions that fits into a slot on the Bose headset. Pull the perimeter of the existing cushion out from the headset and you'll see how they go together. I too had a DC gel filled cushion split and made a big mess. Approx $75for the replacement DC cushions. Bruce

Back