What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cross Country Ferry Pilot Needed (RV-3B)

rph142

Well Known Member
I'm looking for someone to ferry my plane across the country later this month or early June. The sooner the better! I have someone tentatively scheduled for the second week of June, but their schedule is extremely tight and I fear the weather could become an issue. So its a literal cross country - KPTW to KCCR. Philly to San Francisco in an RV-3B. If I had more than 30 tailwheel hours and a bit more experience in the weather I would do it myself. I cant remember the last time I saw a cloud while flying here in SF. Anyway, if you're available, experienced, and not looking to break my wallet, give me a call or email. 215-421-0336 [email protected].

Thanks!

Not saying you should, but...

I had under 200 hrs in a 172n and about 8 hours (official) of transition training on a -6 before flying to Boise to pick up a new to me -4. I flew it to West Yellowstone, Moab, cedar City and back home to South FL that first trip. Spent a week doing it and I wouldn't trade, let alone pay someone to have done it for me in a million years unless I had a really good and desperate reason
Just saying. ;)

I forgot to mention my wife is sort of against the idea too. Happy wife = happy life.

Ferry Pilot

You may want to check with this guy. He brought my RV-6 from Sacremento to Louisiana for me nd I was very pleased. Very professional, easy to work with, and very reasonable.

[email protected]

RV-3 experience

Rob, I let a good friend of mine know about this trip. I have flown with him in all of my RV's and he has ferried one of my RV-8's from out east. I believe he has darn near as much time in my RV-3B as I do and has flown just about everything everywhere. He would do a great job for you, look for Greg Goins to be contacting you.

Ferry Pilot

Can do. I Own an RV3 and have about 300 hrs in it. I have over 2500 hours of tailwheel time. Commercial Instrument Multi and I ferry airplanes for South Delta Aviation in Helena AR. You can call South Delta for Ref 870-572-9011, ask for Bill or Darryl.

Steve Price
[email protected]
901-277-7835

I can vouch for Steve (tullypilot).

I've watched him fly and flown next to him for years. He's flown a number of rvs, and owned two -3s that I know about. I've also seen him ferry airplanes ranging from a spezio tuholer to Merlin turboprops.

I'd let him ferry my -8 without hesitation.

Steve Flattum also delivers RVs. He has around 20,000 hours in almost a hundred types. He has done first flights on at least a dozen RVs and he helped me transition into my RV-10. As an airline pilot, he gets to travel for free, so he's usually able to deliver airplanes at very low cost. Feel free to give him a ring; 815-519-3087.

Back