What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Buying Project-What's order of What's needed

Sandrews

Well Known Member
Buying a -10 Project. Fuse, wings, tail feathers pretty much done lacking paint. Have seats for the interior, partial panel, nothing firewall forward.

Wondering what's the order for working on/ ordering the next phase. Obviously will need the missing items, just wondering what items are longest lead times.

Thanks

Is the cabin top attached/finished/painted inside? How 'bout the doors? Are they finished? IMO, those are the next steps when the basic airframe is complete. Once all of that fiberglass work is done, then you mount the gear, attach the engine, etc.

So, you're probably at a point where you may need "upgraded" door latches, locks, upgraded wheels and brakes (if you're going that way), and subsequently the engine, prop, and FWF kit.

Last edited:
Get the plans, and check to make sure all steps have been done....this will also help you to become familiar with the project in general as well as making sure all steps are done and done correctly.

Also, notify the factory of the change in ownership, that way you can get any updates or service bullitans. And, verify that previous SB's have been addressed.

And, you will need paperwork from the factory when you fill out the paperwork for your inspection prior to getting your plnk slip.

Congrats on the new project.

Mike brings up a good point, did the plans come with it? on mine I dated and checked each and every step in my construction manual and made notations on the full size plans during the build, no way I could remember every rivet and fastener without doing this......over 6.5 years.

Picking it up this week. Plans coming with it. Cabin top is on. Doors are fitted and the gear is on.

Back