What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil plug gasket

paul330

Well Known Member
Quick question as I am trying to get everything together for my first engine run and I am away.

IO540 D4A5 oil drain sump plug - does it have a copper crush washer and, if so, what size?

Quick question as I am trying to get everything together for my first engine run and I am away.

IO540 D4A5 oil drain sump plug - does it have a copper crush washer and, if so, what size?

Perfect timing as I'm collecting all the material for my first oil change as well. Besides the drain plug, what's the gasket size/part number for the oil suction screen?

Your drain plug is a pipe thread, so no gasket. Your suction screen is lyc P/N 06E19769-1.00, which I'm pretty sure is MS35769-12.

There is some debate on this, I am dont like removing and reinstalling something that was working fine, so I opted for a quick oil drain valve. I have a Fumoto T202N that has worked very nicely for me. It is far cleaner to replace the oil than the plug and much faster and easier to just turn the valve "closed" when done.

Pascal

Back