What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cabin interior mockup

OrbitalMike

I'm New Here
This may seem like a strange question, but I was wondering if anyone has built a mockup in plywood or cardboard of the RV-10 cabin? I still have a couple months to go before I buy the first part of the kit, but I want to start planning out the cabin. I want to be able to sit in a mockup and try out different ideas. (which I would not be able to do in someone else's aircraft) Where can I obtain enough detailed interior dimensions to be able to build a mockup?

This may seem like a strange question, but I was wondering if anyone has built a mockup in plywood or cardboard of the RV-10 cabin? I still have a couple months to go before I buy the first part of the kit, but I want to start planning out the cabin. I want to be able to sit in a mockup and try out different ideas. (which I would not be able to do in someone else's aircraft) Where can I obtain enough detailed interior dimensions to be able to build a mockup?

Not that I'm aware of. The problem is the plans don't have all the dimensions required to construct a mockup.

Mike,

There are four flying RV-10s in the central Ohio area and a short drive from you. Must of us welcome showing off our projects to future builders. There are two of use at DLZ.

I'm not sure what aspect of the cabin you are concerned with, but I would recommend checking out Aerosport Products. It will give some idea of what you can do with RV-10 interior. They are based SE of CMH.

bob

Bob,
I do appreciate the offer to drive up and examine your RV-10, and I still would like to do so. I was only thinking about doing this so that I can sit in a mock-up and arrange / rearrange the placement of interior items without doing that in metal or in someone else's aircraft.

-Mike

Bob,
I do appreciate the offer to drive up and examine your RV-10, and I still would like to do so. I was only thinking about doing this so that I can sit in a mock-up and arrange / rearrange the placement of interior items without doing that in metal or in someone else's aircraft.

-Mike

In fuselage build, well before you need to install any controls or avionics, you will have the cockpit at a stage where you can lay out the avionics and controls. (Plus it is fun sitting in it making airplane noise). If you can make Sun&Fun or OSH, all the avionics vendors have actual size pictures of their equipment that they hand out. They are great for taping to your panel to decide on the layout.
IMG_2612.JPG

Mike--
I was going to do one of a RV7/7A so I could display cabin plumbing, as well as do custom mock ups for builders. Had some neat idea---didnt happen--yet---building my 7 instead. I'll use that for a while to do mockups---and save some money.
Tom

Back