What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

470AD4-6 not included?

HeliCooper

Well Known Member
Am I blind or is this rivet called out for the doubler to rear VS spar not included? The -5s are too short and -7s too long and I am scared they will fold over.

First question: Did van's include a "RV-14 empennage Hardware" list for what is in the bags? I did not get one for the wings in the shipping containers. I had to email Vans for this list. THis is in addition to the packing list. This will tell you what is exactly in each bag.

Get a rivet cutter and buy a bunch of long rivets in -3 and -4 sizes. Then cut down to the correct size.

http://www.yardstore.com/browse.cfm/4,4368.html

only $34.

I measure all the rivets called out in the plans and cut to size if they are too long. I have found quite a few so far in the wings.

ken

I don't even see them listed on my hardware bag call out. I'll give them a call tomorrow but just thought it weird they were not included.

Yes, Van's said it got missed. You would think they would send them out to those that have the first bunch of kits! I'm finding the MS21055-L3 missing as well. They are listed but not in the bag (for me at least) . I did post on here that I could not locate them and got no real response so I'm probably the only one missing those.

Last edited:
Am I blind or is this rivet called out for the doubler to rear VS spar not included? The -5s are too short and -7s too long and I am scared they will fold over.

Were not in my kit either. I had to borrow some from a friend till new order comes in.

Seriously? Get some extra rivets of various sizes, or use extra long ones on hand. Trim as necessary. Keep building.

Back