What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Source for good wall maps?

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
With the amount of distance we can cover with our RV's, I am having trouble finding a proper wall map to pin all my landings.

Anyone know where you can source a nice laminated wall map with the east coast, Canada, Alaska, the Territories, the Maritimes, all the way down with the Bahamas, Gulf, Key West and maybe even the islands to the south?

Sportys and ACS don't seem to have what I want and I don't want to put a few together. Figure someone has to have a 2'x3' nice map you can put in your hangar or office allowing all your trips to show? Any ideas?

Need to buy myself a late gift!

With the amount of distance we can cover with our RV's, I am having trouble finding a proper wall map to pin all my landings.

Anyone know where you can source a nice laminated wall map with the east coast, Canada, Alaska, the Territories, the Maritimes, all the way down with the Bahamas, Gulf, Key West and maybe even the islands to the south?

Sportys and ACS don't seem to have what I want and I don't want to put a few together. Figure someone has to have a 2'x3' nice map you can put in your hangar or office allowing all your trips to show? Any ideas?

Need to buy myself a late gift!

Try browsing around

http://www.worldofmaps.com/

I bought one from Sportys a few years ago.
It's the large one, probably 3'x5'. It's very well laminated and has held up well.
I have it in the hangar and mark it up with a permanent marker with all my xc routes.
It always starts up a great conversation and hangar talk when other pilots come in.
The smaller Sporty's map is not as well made as the larger one.

Last edited:
Rick I am looking for map like you describe for a while. It's either Continental US or a world map. No globe of North America either :)

Clad

None of the replies so far have an appropriate choice. Just thought someone here might have found the perfect one. Will keep looking.

My favorite map is from National Geographic. I have it mounted on poster-board, and 13 years later is looking pretty cool! :D Rosie

Wow Rosie, looks like you've pretty much hit them all! A Couple pins are close to borders that are tough to tell from the photo though. Just need to shoot up to the UP sometime.

From Rosie: Yes, a couple of states were just inside the border due to 'lack of friends' to visit there (at that time). Just need to get to Hawaii!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it easier to go digital.

Put your pins in a Google Earth.

Try hanging that on your hangar wall. ;)

Rosie inspired me to dig out my GNC-2 Global map I've had stored for years and build myself a wall map. I mounted it to some poster board and bought some pins. I'm having fun pinning all the airports I've been to.

Back