What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind RV200 teardown inspection

Veetail88

Well Known Member
While I'm still 200 hours out, wondering if anyone's sent their RV200 prop in for the 650 hour teardown inspection, what it cost and if they found anything. Anyone with experience with this?

While I'm still 200 hours out, wondering if anyone's sent their RV200 prop in for the 650 hour teardown inspection, what it cost and if they found anything. Anyone with experience with this?

..... I an interested as well?..:D

I had my 200RV done in 2013. It was less than $600. It was significantly less expensive to have it done by the manufacturer than to have it done by American Propeller. That price was reduced slightly; my prop was built with improper o-rings which cause it to sling some grease prematurely. They prorated the overhaul voluntarily.

There were no findings during the overhaul. One of the reasons I sent it back (besides the grease slinging) was that I had a pretty good sized nick in one edge. They inspected and declared it safe. I flew it several hundred hours after with no issues.

Back