What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

max lability insurance coverage for an experimental (RV-7)

billgill

RV-7?

Do any of the underwriters offer a $5,000,000 liability policy for an experimental aircraft (RV-7)?

All the best,

Bill

Not really ....

I have asked and had no one step up. I did get a quote on 2M a couple of years ago but it was about twice the 1M rate and I didn't take it.

You also don't usually find smooth coverage either although some companies will now write 250,000 per pass coverage. Typically it's 1,000,000 per occurrence but with 100k per passenger limits which effectively makes it 100,000 limit unless you hit a school bus on the way to a stop or carry more than one passenger.

I know AIG will write the 250 limit and I think that's pretty important.

Just my .02.... Jenny Estes at Nationair now Aurthur Gallager is the local VAF expert.

Bill

Hi everyone!

Currently, the insurance companies we use for Vans aircraft quotes do not offer higher liability limits above $1,000,000 smooth. Many carriers are now offering $200,000 and $250,000 per passenger as an alternative liability option. I am not sure if in the future we may see limits higher than this, however currently this is all that is offered.

At renewal, we are insuring each quote request asks for this increased liability limit and is presented with your proposal if available to you.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

Jennifer Cummins ([email protected])
Leah Ringeisen ([email protected])
Shanna Linton ([email protected])

Gallagher Aviation
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
(Formerly NationAir Aviation Insurance)
https://www.ajg.com/s/light-aircraft-insurance/

Opinions and advice provided by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is not intended to be, and should not be construed to be, legal advice. Please direct any request for legal advice to your attorney.

Back