What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PFD shows aircraft inverted

If your ADHARS is mounted correctly, there may be two pins on your wiring that are mis-pinned. (reversed). That is really easy to have happen. Could also be a software setting. Start with ADHRS mounting, then check pin out, then check settings.
Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A. N942PT

The ADAHRS communicates numeric data over the network, not analog signals, so reversed wires is unlikely. Inverted ADAHRS, betcha...

My Skyview did the same thing when I first installed it. I installed the ADAHRS upside down. Pretty clear in the plans which way it was supposed to go. That forest was very well hidden by the trees.

It is comforting to me to know that maybe I was the first, but definitely not the last, to put the darned thing in upside down. My first thought is that I must have put the Skyview in upside down!

My Skyview did the same thing when I first installed it. I installed the ADAHRS upside down. Pretty clear in the plans which way it was supposed to go. That forest was very well hidden by the trees.

Gosh, I have this problem all the time on the A330.

Usually it is an FO problem....

Tin hat on. Incoming.

:D

Nobody should feel bad. I remember reading an article by Van himself, - his personal '12 initially had the ADAHRS installed upside down. He and his co builder, his brother Jerry, were on the point of calling Dynon when they realised. Van blamed Jerry, but --?? .....
Cheers, DEAN....

Back