What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A couple questions on the fuselage build

larrys

Well Known Member
On page 34-2 it calls out a template W-00026 to get the angle for the flap rod. It was not on the ship list. Is it something I need to order or make?

On the rods for the flaps, they do not fit through the black blocks F-1030. Do they need to be reamed out? Or am I missing something? The powder coating is much thicker then the rod by it self. The rod fits in tightly but it will not slip over the powder coating.

When installing the pedals I used the holes closet to the firewall because we could use the length because of the height of my partner who is building the plan with me. The question is will the pedals still have the full swing needed?

Thanks in advance for help!
Larry

If I remember correctly, that is a part that comes in the wing kit. Easiest way to go would probably be to see if you can order one from Vans while waiting for your QB wings to arrive.

As to the flap actuation rods, they fit snug, but with a little bit of a twist and a touch of boelube they went through the blocks. I was mightily impressed when they lined up perfectly when the rod was finally installed from the outside. Though they were snug, there was no binding or anything when I tested them with the flap motor.

Last edited:
Indeed the alignment tool is part of the wing kit. It costs about $12 and can be ordered from Vans separately.

Back