What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mondays are on again for RV breakfast gatherings

turbo

Well Known Member
last summer a small group of rvs got together every monday for bfast in the CT, MA, NH, VT, area. we are going to fitchburg tomorrow wx permitting. email me if you are interested in getting on the list. [email protected] any ideas on places to meet are welcome. we usually talk on sunday night after 8pm when the forecasts come out if there is a wx issue. come join in.
img2698.jpg

we are headed to fitchburg mass tomorrow 9 am for breakfast.
123.15 inbound. good wx coming.

next monday is lookn good. headed to concord nh 9am. a friend will be meeting us there and driving us to breakfast. anyone invited. 123.15 inbound. email me if you are interested. :)
img0932v.jpg

monday was a fantastic day in the NE. 4 rvs flew into concord NH with a pickup by a local eaa guy. off to friendlys for a nice breakfast. the young 7 year old was treated by grandpa to pancakes, with ice cream to boot. what a happy kid.

img1163lq.jpg

img1164t.jpg

img1167vh.jpg

Saturday morning breakfast every week it's not raining in Oregon

If you East Coasters want to fly out to Portland, Oregon area (better known as God's country) and meet in the air on 122.75 at 7:30 AM any Saturday that it's VFR, you can join us for breakfast. The location of the breakfast is decided in the air. Frequently Dick Van Grunsven and his brother Jerry are part of the group. There are usually 6-12 or more RVs that will end up at the decided destination.

This loose arrangement has been going on for more than 20 years. This even justifies building and owning an RV. Just for going to breakfast.

Jake Thiessen
Independence, OR

what a day it was. a fun group and good food.
img1219h.jpg

john pulled out a pic from the back of his cub.
img1217m.jpg

Last edited:
if you are going to have pancakes then the syrup should be made in the next room.
img1220qr.jpg

the owner of the airport has a nice place here. October 1st will be a BBQ.all invited.
img1221n.jpg

dont worry if it snows, bob will get the snow off his runway. this is one mean machine. came from ohio.
img1222mc.jpg

till next week, a bunch of happy rvaitors.
img1181k.jpg

next week Laconia NH

9 am at laconia NH. monday the 11th. life is good. the list is growing. join in.
intervale2.jpg

last week the group ended up at laconia nh. a short car ride to the other side of the airport brought us to 'cravings', a grand brakfast event. kim and i split the surprise breakfast and were very happy.
david is cooking up a place for this tuesday. i am out of town for the moment.
img1269jt.jpg

Hi All,

Wonderful time today in Lewiston. Who would have thought that seven old farts could all fit into a Crown Vic! And we all think kids are bad!

Next week?s fly-in is on Monday 7/25 at Keene NH (EEN) at Campy?s Diner at 9:00am. The diner is located in the North East corner of the airport. Go out the gate (gate code is 2&4 then 3) and up the driveway. Campy?s is the grey building on the left.

Please let me know if I haven?t gotten everyone?s email included in this list ?..

Other places to consider in the future are:
Southbridge (3B0)
Minuteman (6B6)
Lawrence (LWM)
Fitchburg (FIT)

Fred Stucklen
RV-7A N924RV

Camy's Closed this week

Hi All,

Wonderful time today in Lewiston. Who would have thought that seven old farts could all fit into a Crown Vic! And we all think kids are bad!

Next week?s fly-in is on Monday 7/25 at Keene NH (EEN) at Campy?s Diner at 9:00am. The diner is located in the North East corner of the airport. Go out the gate (gate code is 2&4 then 3) and up the driveway. Campy?s is the grey building on the left.

Please let me know if I haven?t gotten everyone?s email included in this list ?..

Other places to consider in the future are:
Southbridge (3B0)
Minuteman (6B6)
Lawrence (LWM)
Fitchburg (FIT)

Fred Stucklen
RV-7A N924RV

Guys,

I just found out that Campy's is closed theis week (vacation). How about we meet in Fitchburg (FIT) for breakfast 9:am Monday 7/25......

the wx headed down to see Vlad turned out great. this was heading home.
img1400ns.jpg

the three of us had a nice breakfast and then got the tour of the airport .
img1394h.jpg

we ran into 2 rv8 owners and enjoyed there company.
img1398l.jpg

img1396q.jpg

img1397sf.jpg

and yes, vlad can really fly that 9. nice landing!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNWEGRxKp6M

Turbo,
Thanks again for the breakfast! Vlad is taking me to the prop shop to pick up my -7a with overhauled prop today. We will be ready to fly to future breakfasts if we can find the money. Schedule them a bit further south so the "Jersey Boys" can afford the trip!

Thanks to the guys at N40. Great guys with excellent examples of the -8. Friendly airport, cheap fuel and good food. Perfect combo!

BTW, Vlad freaked out on that landing and I had to take over the controls! :D
(INSTIGATORRRR)

tony, great day. lets get some ideas on places between us. sky acres n44 is a good place. orange co kmgj also has food.

yes, in the video you can see where you took over. :D
(AGITATORRRR)

vafshirt.jpg

Thanks Turbo for the nice pictures of my airplane and the kind words, we love having new people to our owner owned airport you are an inspiration with all you 4,000 hrs in an RV, I figure at the rate I fly will be 120 by the time I have that much time on my-8. Hope to see you and all your friends at our Fly-In N40 (sky Manor Airport) Sept. 10, 2011

It was one fine omelette. I managed to slip through the corridor before they shut the door for UN business

nh1.jpg

It was short 1.3 hours hop to New Hampshire. Nice views almost like Siberia

nh2.jpg

Only horses are smaller

nh6.jpg

and snow ploughs way underpowered

nh5.jpg

Bob owns nice field plenty of room for hundred RVs

nh3.jpg

A Turbo's gang (he has them in every state )

nh4.jpg

For Turbo Oshkosh is every day

nh10.jpg

Echo Delta clear for take off

nh7.jpg

Time to go to work

hn8.jpg

Funny looking fields on the way home

nh9.jpg

The only thing is by the time I got home I was hungry again.

Good job Turbo for organizing! Cousin you missed a lot.

Just check his tracker and you can pinpoint which airports he flew over. It has to be military with all those C-17s lined up. :)

Casey,
YOU WIN! I think you are still too young for beer though. Vlad will have to send you something else. Maybe an old Russian military artifact. :rolleyes:

Turbo, are you still here in NE? We will be hungry on Columbus Day :D. Organize something.

Casey,
YOU WIN! I think you are still too young for beer though. Vlad will have to send you something else. Maybe an old Russian military artifact. :rolleyes:

Wow. I just saw this reply and you are absolutely right on the too young thing.
Rides are always good replacements :p

Casey, you will have to come to the east coast for a free ride from Vlad or me. Unless we make a trip out west someday. We'll let you know!!

TURBO....you heard the "Defector"!! What is on the agenda for this Monday? We are both ready and available!!

Back