What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear leg reamer desperately needed

vfrazier

Well Known Member
Hey F1 Rocketeers,

I need a gear leg socket reamer. I'd just buy a new one... if they were available for anything less than the custom made price of over $600 each!! :eek:

If you built your Rocket, you'll recall that you needed a tapered reamer to clean up the weld bumps inside your gear leg sockets.

The reamer in question is an odd size: 4 1/2 Morse taper.

Mark Frederick had several reamers that were lent on a rotating basis. SOMEONE out there has one of these reamers. Maybe several guys.

C'mon, you aren't ever going to need it again. I'll pay the shipping and not ask any questions if you'll just send me one!! When I'm done, I'll return it to Mark.

Or ship it anonymously to: Vince Frazier, 3965 Caborn Road North, Mount Vernon, IN 47620

Someone will come through!!

Mark reamed the sockets on my engine mount when I picked it up in TX and was saying then that he only had the one left, about 8 years ago.

Come on guys, us Rocket people have to stick together!!!!

Send Vince a reamer!!

:D

There were only 200 or so rockets ever sold( the Boss will know the number). With 8 reamers in circulation and likely the last 25% of the kit owners having the 8 reamers, it should not take that long to phone 50 people and find a reamer.

Well...... I was one of the last purchasers (took delivery at the end of 2006) and didn't need the reamer - the motor mount came "pre-reamed". Not sure how many of the last few F1's were sold that way.

There were only 200 or so rockets ever sold( the Boss will know the number). With 8 reamers in circulation and likely the last 25% of the kit owners having the 8 reamers, it should not take that long to phone 50 people and find a reamer.

That would be true if 90% of us hadn't dumped our land lines in the past few years.

Hi Vince,
I have one !
I live in Italy, it is the only reamer in Europe and the UPS shipping cost will be roughly 165$ :(
Let me now what to do.
Claudio

Claudio,

I'll gladly pay the shipping to get one here. You can contact me directly at [email protected] and we'll arrange the payment and shipping.

UPS shipping is fine. Or postal express should be OK also. Whichever method you like best will be good. Ship to:

Vince Frazier
Flyboy Accessories
3963 Caborn Road North
Mount Vernon, IN 47620
USA

1-812-464-1839 office
1-812-449-0230 cell

They look like these:

mINgx3sUu5lW9ikCN0YSgvA.jpg

A Morse 4.5 taper is very uncommon. That is why they are expensive and hard to find. The ones in the photo are Morse 3.

Back