What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tiger Performance

ColoRv

Well Known Member
I ordered an MSA Gallet helmet from Robert at Tiger Performance. It was in stock, needed the comms I chose installed and would ship within a few days. Charged my card for $1960. Three weeks later I called to see where it was and was told their UPS guy was on vacation for the last two weeks but it was in a box ready to go, they would ship it 2nd day air that afternoon.

A week later I called, there was an issue in their shipping department but it would go out that day.

A week later I called and was told it was shipped already, he would call UPS and call me right back. He never called.

A week later I called, you should have it by now...I'll call UPS and call you right back. He never called.

I called the next day, he couldn't find the tracking number, it must be lost in shipping but they had another same color helmet in stock already built up and they would ship it next day air today.

Three days later I called, they can't find the blue but might have a white one they could build up but will take some time...I cancelled the order. They said sorry we just couldn't get any blue in stock....we don't do credit card charge backs because they are notoriously unreliable but I'll send you a check, let me talk to my accounting people and I'll call you back in the next couple of days.

I called my bank to reverse the charge. They called Joe at Tiger with me on the line and he agreed to next day a check rather than eat the charge back. That was today...we shall see if the check shows up.

You have to admit, the UPS guy on vacation for two weeks thing was pretty original. :)

Just posting a warning to my fellow aviation nuts....avoid these guys if at all possible.

Last edited:
Tiger performance revisited.

I just had my Gallet helmet refurbished by tiger performance, they did a good job on my helmet, I choose them because they promised to do some custom modifications that I requested. They were very careful to make sure that they understood exactly what I wanted done and were able to get the work done in a timely matter.

ColoRV did you get your helmet?

Back