What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nav lenses

I used one of the die grinder cutoff disks that came with the canopy in the finish kit. One of the bigger Dremel fiber cutoff's would work too.

Last edited:
hmmmm

Ya, I tried the dremmel, but it melted the edge. The bandsaw then chipped the edge (I tired it on scrap). Maybe my lense was too cool at the time. I've rough cut it with snips but thought there must be something better. I'm also not sure how most attach the lens as I want it removeable, of course. Screws and nutplates ought to do it.
Thanks, Jim

Cut & sand

I used those scissors that are supposed to cut just about anything (available at the big box stores) and then sanded to fit with the PermaGrit sanding block - the one that has rough on one side and fine on the other.

Done!

I used masking tape over the line and snips, worked well...75 degrees works much better than 55 degrees, too! Thanks all.

I replaced mine recently and got them cut and drilled ok for the attachment screws, but the lens on one side buckles up slightly along its edge between the attachment points. I used 3 attachment points on top, 3 on bottom. Not a big deal, just one of those things I know isnt perfect that bugs me everytime I see it. I tried oversizing the holes, and hiding them with tinnerman washers, but that extra little slack doesnt seem to make any difference. No matter how I hold the lens in place, after setting the screws, it still buckles a little along the edge. Ideas or solutions?

thanks
erich

Back