What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall

330Jock

Well Known Member
Maybe another stupid question. Is it normal that the top of the firewall leans or bends forward slightly, or is mine damaged? I'll try to send picture but remember I am a newbie! :D
I'm having trouble getting a picture on here. How do I get a picture off of my hard drive into these messages. I know I'll be needing it throughout the build.

Mine wasn't pre bent (slow build), but yeh the whole section above the upper angle is bent forward 8 degrees to match the panel.

I'm having trouble getting a picture on here. How do I get a picture off of my hard drive into these messages. I know I'll be needing it throughout the build.

Dont feel alone------many if not most folks have trouble with photos at first.

Here is a link to the process--- http://www.vansairforce.net/articles/ImagesInForums/images.htm

I like the Scott Schmidt way, linked in the top of the above page.

A short and simple explanation of the process; you first have to post the photo to a web based hosting service---- I use Picasa ----, and then you insert a link to the photo in the VAF post you are making. There is an icon that is used to open a window for you to paste the image address----- looks like a yellow square with a mountain in it---put your cursor where you want the photo, click the icon, and when the window opens up, paste the address of the image in it. Click OK, and you are done.

I have the image hosting site, and VAF both open at the same time, so I can just right click the image and grab the location, then I switch back to VAF, and paste it in as needed.

I use Firefox------I think it is a bit easier to do the image thing with it than some of the other browsers.

Good luck, if I can figure this out, anybody can.

firewall

Mine 7 QB firewall upper portion is bent slightly forward. Less than 10 degrees.

The firewall tilts forward at the top so that it intersects with the top of the fuselage and cowling at right angles.

This make the top hinge pin go in easier. Otherwise it would be a compound curve.

Try again for picture:
DSCN0133.jpg

So this is a perfect firewall right?

Back