What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV9 owner

ALagonia

Well Known Member
I am now the new owner of the airplane that is affectionately known as The Clown Plane. It is an RV9 built by Stein for his brother and dad. The inspiration for the paint scheme was a Fisher Price childs plastic hammer. And if you can visualize that hammer you will understand why it is called The Clown Plane.
It was finally delivered to me late this past Wednesday. Since Thursday I have put 6.3 hours on her. I have over 4,500 hours TT flying some very cool airplanes but have been humbled by that little rubber wheel in the back. I look forward to becoming good friends with that little rubber wheel.
All kidding aside I just want to say a big thank you to Stein for what he did for me and for putting up with me and my one million questions while we went through the purchase. Thank you for everything Stein. You did what you said you would do and more. And I appreciate that.
Also a big thanks to his brother Zweit who made sure I knew what I was buying. Never over promising and always speaking clearly and honestly. How refreshing in this world.
And yes, I have that Vans grin. Finally.

Congrats on the purchase! I think this is it:

clown2.jpg

Yep, that's it.

Yes, those are pics of the airplane. I would post pics of the panel but I don't know how.
Thank you Bill. Fun day

Back